Also information for Annual Passholders and DAS
Take the guess work out of what’s next with Genie
Coming this fall (No exact date at this time) to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Disney Genie is a complimentary new service designed to create the best Disney day for our Guests.
Built right into the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps, Disney Genie is meant to “maximize your park time,” so guests can have more fun.
It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, to general interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more – you just tell Disney Genie what you want to do and it will do the planning for you.
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
Genie+ is the new FastPass/MaxPass – now its a paid service
Walt Disney World in Florida – $15 per ticket per day
Disneyland in California – $20 per ticket per day
- Disney Genie+ service – With this option you’ll choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance (previously known as FastPass Lanes.) You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). (For example: make a selection for Pirates of the Caribbean for 9:30am, ride that ride, then make your next selection.)
- Most rides with previous FastPass Access will be included with Genie+
- Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase) – Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers and Web Slingers: A Spiderman Adventure at Disney California Adventure Park, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing will vary by date, attraction and park. Note that you do not need to buy Disney Genie+ in order to use this Individual Attraction Selection service.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in Hollywood Studios, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in Epcot and Web Slingers: A Spiderman Adventure will also continue to offer free Virtual Queues.
- Genie+ gives you access to over 40 attractions for $15 per ticket per day
- Does not include unlimited PhotoPass downloads, but includes augmented reality lenses and audio experiences.
- Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests will be able to reserve individual Lightning Lane attraction selections starting at 7 a.m. EST. All guests with Genie+ can book their first attraction starting at 7 a.m. EST.
- Genie+ gives you access to over 15 attractions for $20 per ticket per day
- Includes unlimited PhotoPass downloads
- All guests can book Genie+ return times and individual Lightning Lane options once they enter the parks
Current Annual Passholders and Magic Key holders will have full access to Genie and to purchase Genie+. At this time new Annual Passes at WDW are not yet available to purchase. According to my research, sites like Disney Food Blog reports Disney will be looking into other enhancements for Passholders and Key holders using Disney Genie in the future. No discount information has been shared at this time
Changes to DAS (Disability Access Service)
Disney is also making some enhancements to the Disability Access Service (DAS) program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select arrival windows for attractions directly in the app.
These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
Coming Soon: 2 Exciting New Features
Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat
This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.
During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option.
Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.
If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.
Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.
Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall.
In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app.
Stay tuned for more details!
Check back often for new information and updates.