Subject to these Costume Guidelines, guests may wear costumes in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida theme parks on select dates. Please remember, at all times costumes must be family-friendly. If a guest is spotted in a costume that is not deemed permissible, he or she will be asked to remove the costume and change into something more appropriate or exit the park. Universal Orlando will have sole discretion to decide whether an item is permissible. Any item deemed inappropriate will be turned over by the owner to Universal Orlando and may be retrieved at the end of the guest visit at the Universal CityWalk hub.
For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, the following guidelines must be followed:
- No costume masks, face applications or face painting which restricts vision or covers the face completely. Face coverings in accordance with the Universal Orlando’s Safety Guidelines must be worn and visible at all times.
- Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must not contain the following:
- Weaponry, swords, knives or mace of any kind (real or fake)
- Veils or long trains
- Sharp or pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest or team member. Any home-crafted wands must be rounded on both ends and be appropriate in nature.
- Any clothing or items identified with law enforcement, security, firefighters, emergency responders, or the military
- Any clothing or items identified with terrorist organizations
- Any item which gives the impression the guest is a Universal Team Member
- Any explicit or insinuated sexual content or intent
- Any gruesome or gory costumes that are not deemed in good taste
- Live animals
- No large or bulky costumes which may obstruct movement or could be a safety hazard. Costumes cannot exceed 28” (inches) wide x 80” (inches) high to meet Universal Orlando’s metal detection regulations. Costumes are subject to secondary x-ray screening.
- Guests wearing costumes are to adhere to the following safety guidelines before riding an attraction:
- Loose articles and costume accessories should be left with a non-rider or secured in a locker.
- Guest will be required to take certain precautions before riding if they have long hair, long and flowing clothing or long and flowing accessories.
- All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seat belts, must be positioned and fastened properly to assure your safety.
- Proper footwear must be worn at all times.
Universal Orlando Resort reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Fall 2020 Costume Guidelines or any element thereof without notice in any manner and for any reason. Additional restrictions may apply.